Bharatpur bird sanctuary, also known as Keoladeo Ghana National Park, is one of the finesh bird parks in the world. This sanctuary plays host to thousands of birds especially during the winter season. Over 230 species of birds are known to have made the National Park their home. It is also a major tourist centre with scores of ornithologists arriving here in the hibernal season. It was declared a protected sanctuary in 1971 and later as a World Heritage Site.
Getting to the Park
1. Nearest Airports are Delhi and Jaipur.
2. Nearest Railway Station is Bharatpur Junction.
3. Regular bus services from Delhi, Mathura, Jaipur, Alwar and Agra.
4. Connected by road pretty well to other cities.
Best time to visit
Bharatpur has very warm climate. Summers are pretty hot and winters are not too cold. Railfall is usually less. Wildlife Sanctuary is open throughout the year, still the ideal visiting months are August-November for resident breeding birds and October- March for migratory birds.
1. Loose cotton clothes are best for summers and warm woolen clothes for winters.
2. Drinking lot of water shall be useful.
3. Get early to the park to complete the formalities at the entrance, takes around half an hour.
4. Comfortable footwear are advisable since you would have to walk a lot.
Pickup from Airport/ your hotel at Delhi and take the road to Bhaartpur Bird Sanctuary, also known as Keoladeo National Park. On arrival at Bharatpur, check in at hotel. In the evening, visit Bharatour Bird Sanctuary.Overnight stay at hotel.
After breakfast, spend the whole day enjoying Bird Watching, Boating and rickshaw rides at the sanctuary. Day at leisure. Overnight stay at hotel.
After breakfast, drive back to Delhi with memories of A Trip.